The BVI’s (British Virgin Islands) ~ Katelyn

We left St.John after my grandma left and headed over to Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands. We dinghied to a bar called Soggy Dollar where our friend ,Sam, had a birthday. We stayed there for the day and found an octopus in the water under a rock. We left that evening and headed over to Foxy’s, which is a restaurant. We stayed there and danced on the dance floor for Sam’s birthday. We left for the Indians the next day. 

At the Indians, we snorkeled around. The rock structure was amazing! Unfortunately, there weren’t many fish to see. After an hour at the Indians we left for Norman Cay. The next morning we went to some underwater caves in Norman. They were awesome! One cave was really dark so we needed a flash light. We left to Long Bay and stayed there for three days doing basically nothing. After that we left for Leverick Bay. 

We went to dinner at a place called Hog’s Heaven. The BBQ was so good! It had a very good view from way up in the mountains. We left the next morning for the south end of Virgin Gorda. There, we took a hike through the boulders. We jumped off one boulder that was difficult to get climb. After that, we went back to Leverick Bay and just hung out there for two days swimming with our friends. 

After Leverick, we went to Cooper Island and played on our mat and at the beach. We ate dinner with our friends and came up with funny radio names to call each other. Our name was “Princess Fluffy.” Pura Vida’s name was “Who Farted,” and Britican was “Sausage Time.” We still use those radio names.

After Cooper, we went back to Norman and snorkeled in the caves again. The next day, we went back to Jost and celebrated Mikey’s 13 birthday. We went out to eat and came back to our boat for cake. The next day, “Who Farted” left to Saint John, and we stayed in Jost for three days before going to Trellis Bay for the full moon party. It was fun, and they had people performing on stilts. Also there was a very drunk local setting giant metal balls filled with wood on fire.


After the full moon party, we went to Cane Garden Bay.  In Cane Garden we snorkeled around the minnows. They were so cool. They would surround you by the millions. We also snorkeled over to a reef and saw: a school of squid, a garden eel, a jelly thingie (we looked it up and it is a kind of reef plant, but I can’t remember the name), and a giant puffer fish. We stayed there and celebrated Sienna’s (Sausage Time’s kid) birthday. We stayed in Cane Garden a few more days then left with Pura Vida to Leverick bay. We had a bonfire on the beach and caught a giant crab. We stayed there a few more days then found a weather window to cross the  Anagada Passage. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!! T

Leave a Reply